Pages

Badoc Island: Unspoiled Paradise In Ilocos Norte

"There's nothing more wonderful than seeing God's work of hand at its rawest form."




For beach lovers travelling to Ilocos Norte, swimming in the infamous Blue Lagoon, Pagudpud is definitely on top of their list. Little do they know that an uninhabited island in the southernmost part of Ilocos Norte offers the most breathtaking view that no beach lovers can refuse.





An unspoiled paradise consisting of white sand, tricolored turquoise clear water, so clear that you can already see the fishes swimming underneath you.





The atmosphere is so serene brought by the thin to non-existent crowd despite being there in the summer.



This place is called the Badoc Island, an unspoiled paradise in Ilocos Norte.


Honestly, for someone who lived in Ilocos Norte for a long time, I feel so disappointed with myself for not knowing that such beauty exist. I'm really happy to have seen this place before it gets commercialized and too crowded to enjoy. To see it in it's rawest form is such a blessing. I just hope that every visitor of this island leaves no traces so that we can maintain such beauty.


I was able to see this paradise IRL last April 2017 through the kindness of my boyfriend's family. They were sweet enough to tag me along on this trip.




Since, I just tagged along, I really can't give you a proper instruction on how to get to Badoc Island via commute. I really just sat my way to that magical place. All I can recall is that you have to go to Badoc's town proper and drive to Barangay Pagsanahan. To get to the island, you will need to ride a motorized outrigger boat. It will take more or less 20 minutes of boat ride before you reach the pristine Badoc Island. 





I swear, you'll realize that all the energy consumed on your travel to this island is all worth it just as you approach it. I just feel so sad for not having a high def camera to capture its beauty in photos. I may not be able to justify Badoc Island's beauty through my photos but I hope my words could compensate. I couldn't help but swim for hours in it's crystal clear water, only stopping to appreciate the mesmerizing view that this island could offer.




As I've heard from other bloggers, there are other activities that you can do here as well, such as surfing and trekking. I'd definitely want to go back here to try all those things and I hope that by that time, Badoc Island still remains as the unspoiled paradise in Ilocos Norte that I've come to love.


Alanah Writes

2 comments: