Pages

5 Facts About The Big Bad Wolf Book Sale

"Reading books doesn't just make my eyes wander from one word to another, but it makes my mind wander in places I've never thought I could ever be in."

Every book lover in the Philippines definitely was ecstatic upon the announcement of the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale from Malaysia. So far, I think it is the most worth it book related event that I have been to since forever. Big Bad Wolf Book Sale opened to the public last February 16 and I was able to go there the next day. Good thing my boyfriend's sister came all the way from Ilocos for this event. If a book lover like her makes that kind of effort, it was more than enough motivation for me to check it out (sorry! too many memories of walking out empty handed on book fairs). I'm happy to report, this time, I was definitely not disappointed. 


These are the books I got from the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale. Actually, I had to hold back from purchasing more because I no longer have space in my tiny book shelf. But you should make the most out of this event and go all out (unlike me who got restricted by space), I swear, you'll never regret it! 

Here are some facts that you should know about the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale:

1. Admission is free
Despite it being held at the World Trade Center, you don't need to pay for a single cent in order for you to get in. Which only means that you can get in as much as you want. 

2. They are open for 24 hours
Yeap. They are open 24/7. So everyone can really go there before going to work or school and even after. This book sale let you go at your most comfortable time and that's what I really love about it. Also, because of it's flexible time, it doesn't get too crowded to a hellish point which is why you can still choose your books in a relaxed manner. 

3. The Big Bad Wolf Book Sale will run from February 16-25
Like all good things, this book sale will also come to an end. So catch while it last! 

4. You can get books from 60%-80% off.
This is definitely the fact about this book sale that excites me the most. I got eight books (Stephen King's Finders Keepers in hardbound, Hilary Green's The Final Act, Lindsey Kelk's I Heart Paris, Mitch Albom's The Time Keeper and James Dashner's book set; The Maze Runner, The Scorch Trials, The Death Cure and The Kill Order) for only 1,550 php. Yes! The thrifty person in me is so happy! 

5. Every book you get can help our kababayans 
Part of your purchase will go to the projects of Gawad Kalinga in disaster-torn Marawi and Albay. It will be like hitting two birds with one stone. You get to have a very satisfied book shelf while helping others. The more reason for you to purchase some more. 

Don't be a sheep and make sure not to miss out on the very first The Big Bad Wolf Book Sale! Hurry!

Tips:
  • Food and water are not allowed inside the book fair. Milk for the baby is an exemption.
  • Collect and select. You are definitely will be overwhelmed with the sea of books that you will see in this event. Start from one row to another and get what books you think you'll like. If you have a list of books you want, make sure to be on the look out for those as you check out per row. 
  • You must have an access to goodreads so you can have a basis on what to get or not. With so many books, you will encounter a lot that you haven't heard of before. Don't judge a book by its cover, get those with 4/5-5/5 rating. 
  • Have fun! It's not every day that you get to be in a huge room with an equally huge piles and piles of books! Enjoy!






Alanah Writes

No comments:

Post a Comment