Pages

Always Face The Light




"Amidst the darkness, you did a great job by never giving up searching for the light in everything. Even just a spark was good enough to light your world. And as another year start, never ever forget to keep on facing the light because no matter what kind of circumstances you're in right now, you are definitely doing one hell of a good job."

"GOOD JOB!"- Sometimes, this short statement is what we want to hear, most especially now that another year has ended. Just to hear that we are doing well in our lives sometimes reassure us that everything will be alright. That despite every lows, there's a corresponding high. That despite all the sufferings, there's happiness. That there will always be hope because you'll always be searching for one within you. 

For that, please acknowledge yourself for doing a good job last 2017 and for facing another year wholeheartedly because you know that you'll still be doing a great job this time. If you don't believe that because no one else is telling you so, let me be the one to say that you will always do a great job with your life. Everything you do, no matter how mediocre it might seem to other people is already an accomplishment. Because not everyone had the courage to wake up another day to do what you are doing right now.

So please, don't be so hard on yourself and acknowledge the fact that you are a wonderful and strong person. Believe in yourself more and you'll be able to continue the great things that you've started last year. If you had unmet goals, you can always do it this year. It doesn't make you any less of a person. What's important is that you never forget and you never give up.

This 2018, my goal is to keep on working on my bucket list, focusing on the things that would make me improve as a writer. There's so many things that I want to do that sometimes I get so overwhelmed and ends up not attaining any of it. So I'm taking it one step at a time because what I have are lifetime goals and it is not fair for me to squeeze everything in a year. I also have to accept that it's okay to do everything that I want in my own phase. I am not in a race with anybody. There's no competition. This is simply me on my journey towards my personal legend. 

If you're reading this, thank you for being a part of my journey and please continue to do so. There's nothing more heartwarming than having people read my blogposts and getting them inspired in any way possible. The way I write is far from brilliant but I'm glad to have such understanding and supportive readers that I could grow with.

Together, let's continue to work hard for our dream life as we move to another chapter of our story. Remember to keep facing the light so that the shadows will always fall behind you. Happy New Year! 

Alanah Writes

No comments:

Post a Comment