Pages

5 Things You Can Do in Adams, Ilocos Norte to Reconnect With Nature


"There was something about being surrounded by nature that soothes my soul and provides serenity from deep within. "

Last long weekend, I had the privilege of tagging along with my future husband's family into another adventure in Ilocos Norte. And just like on my previous adventure with them, I am once again clueless on how we reached the secluded and off the beaten tourist track in Ilocos Norte- the rural town of Adams. We had our private car so I was really just a passenger the entire trip. Nonetheless, I have researched on how you can visit this place via commute which I'll be sharing on the end of this post. 

Adams, Ilocos Norte is not yet a very popular tourist destination, maybe because of its location, but as R. Dahl said "The greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." and Adams definitely have secrets that are waiting to be discovered by the world. Secrets that will make you yearn and fall in love with nature again. 

Here are 5 things that we did that I felt really made me appreciate nature even more:

1. Trekking in a trail consisting of lush woodlands



Adams is known to have 18 beautiful waterfalls and most of it would require us to trek so we can reach them. Our's was more or less a 1 1/2 hour trek but surprisingly I didn't mind it that much because of the beautiful view I had while trekking. There was something about being surrounded by nature that soothes my soul and provided serenity from deep within.


The mountains, fields and woodlands just gave me so much shades of green that seems to rejuvenate whatever energy I was using for trekking.



2. Take a dip into the cold water of Anuplig Falls



Reaching the Anuplig Falls after almost 1 1/2 hour trek is a proof that all good things come to those who are willing to work hard for it. It was such a majestic view with that two cascading basins and cold gushing water from a 25 feet waterfall. This is just the second falls I have seen and even though Ditumabo falls of Baler is also beautiful, Anuplig captivated my heart. Enough for me to take a dip even if I was extremely cold.


3. Harvest your own vegetables and fruits in Cardom's Strawberry Farm




You can also pick the freshest harvest on your own at the Cardom's Strawberry Farm. This farm is a walking distance from the starting point of the trek to Anuplig falls. Plus, everything are all so affordable. You can purchase you own strawberry plant at 100php only. 







4. Drink Nature's Wine at The Big House (Drink All You Can)



Located in The Big House (trust me, everyone knows where this is and you definitely can't miss this mansion) is a wine cellar where you can get to taste all the wine that you want and drink as much as you can, as long as you buy a bottle or two on your way out of course.




5. Chill at a Homestay 



We stayed in a very Baguio inspired homestay for the cost of 300php per head. The place had everything you can ask for. Comfy beds, spacious bathroom, kitchen utensils and appliances, plus, they have the most accommodating host that will cater to your every request. You will surely have a very chill overnight stay at Adams that will make you want to stay longer. I know you will, cause I did.



What other things can you recommend that we can do in Adams, on our next visit? I would love to know more about this place. 


How to Get to Adams, Ilocos Norte from Pagudpud

According to BEEZZ (triptheislands.com), you should take the bus to Tuguegarao or Sta. Anna and get off to Pancian, then ride a motorcycle to reach Adams town.


Alanah Writes

No comments:

Post a Comment