Pages

New Year Jitters



It took me two months, an endless shopping spree (with an almost empty pocket), a trip to the salon (pinagdiskitahan ko nanaman buhok ko),  a buwis buhay adventure in Cebu and a relaxing day tour in Bohol before I finally had the guts to say goodbye to 2015 and face 2016. I know I still have a long way in mastering the art of moving on but I guess this is a start.

It took me awhile to compose myself and get back on track. It's definitely not easy to say goodbye to a year that brought you a lot of new experiences and realizations. A year wherein I finally got to find out my answer to the question "If you were given the chance to do something for the rest of your life without getting paid from it, what would that be?" To finally find a purpose far much greater than desiring to be so filthy rich that I could afford to travel every freaking country without even knowing how much I'll spend. Yeah. That kind of rich. But I'm willing to trade all of that just so I could make my answer into more than just an answer. 2015 made me do things in order to make my realization to such mind-boggling question into a reality. There were times wherein I thought that I was getting nearer to my goal. There are times where I felt like it's impossible for me to reach it even by sight. Sometimes I feel like I could still give it a fight but there are also times wherein I nearly raised the white flag. It was definitely a roller coaster of emotion. A ride that scared the hell out of me but for some weird reason it is also a ride I'll gladly do again.

Alanah Writes

No comments:

Post a Comment