Pages

Surfing in Baler,Aurora


It's been a year since I became a surfer for a day but the calming sound of the waves and the invigorating feeling of being able to ride it lingers in me as if it was just yesterday. So how could someone like me who can't swim and has no sense of balance be able to surf? Well, it's because I surfed in Baler! There are so many places to visit in Baler but it is very popular when it comes to surfing.


I went surfing with my usual travel squad despite my fear of drowning myself to death. Beforehand, I was thinking, "How the hell would I ride the waves when it could easily engulf me?" And yet, despite all my hesitations and a lot of encouragement from my friends, I gave in to the call of adventure.




We stayed at the Surfer Girls Lounge located right in Sabang Beach which is considered as a highly-prized secret spot among local surfers since the waves here are considered to be moderate. A perfect spot for beginners just like me. They have surfboards that you could rent and a surfers that will serve as your trainer all throughout your surfing session which should last for 1 hour. But you could extend if you want to.


We had so much fun riding the waves that none of us were able to take pictures of us while surfing. Despite failing to document our experience while riding the waves in Baler, the pride of being able to do so remains in our hearts. And also, we took a lot of selfies with a surfboard to compensate. Haha!





Alanah Writes

No comments:

Post a Comment