Pages

Osaka Amazing Pass Inclusion: Exploring the Dotonbori Area (Near the Glico Man Sign)


It was already nighttime when we arrived in our hotel in Osaka, just in time to catch the glorious spectacle unraveled by the Dotonbori area. Located in the heart of Osaka, (and about 10-15 minutes walk from our lodging place), is a busy area where bright neon lights which included the famous Glico Man Sign, extremely extravagant signage and vast selection of food bars and restaurants lined the Dotonborigawa River. For me, it was a Las Vegas strip in Asia. 



I wish I took a lot more photos but I was just so excited to explore the Dotonbori area, I ended up just taking it all in and forgetting to document the way I should be. I recommend that you avail the Tombori river cruise to have a better view of the Dotonbori area. This mini cruise last for 20 minutes for the price of Y900 for Adults (13 yrs old and up) and Y400 for children (6-12 yrs old). But for those who have an Osaka Amazing Pass, this Tombori river cruise is for free.  



Of course, this also gave me a better view of the very famous Glico Man Sign that was originally installed in 1935. This billboard for a confectionery company Glico is one of the area’s most prominent feature that you’ll see a lot of people taking a picture of it. Which we didn’t want to miss as well. Look at me, trying and failing to copy the iconic athlete in the Glico Man Sign. 


I highly recommend that you see this place at night for an eye thrilling experience! I swear you won't regret it! 

Alanah Writes

No comments:

Post a Comment